Wednesday, June 10, 2009

After CMC Endeavours.

I realize I have not yet graduated from Colorado Mountain College, but I wanted to write this blog about how I have already been using some of the things I have learned from the Ski and Snowboard Business Program.

Right now, I am putting the final plans into action to print some new t-shirts for the company I am trying to start; Rill Snowboard Clothing Co. For those of you who've read my previous blogs, Rill was originially going to be the snowboard company, but after taking the Product Design class and coming up with the snowboard company Able, I have decided to pursue that and make Rill the clothing brand.
One of the main lessons I took away from my Intro to Sustainable Business class with Jeff Troeger was the importance of businesses taking on a green initiative and take strides to be completely sustainable. Because of this eye-opening class, I am doing what I can with my small budget to make Rill a green company. After some research, I found a wholesale t-shirt website that has great prices as well as a great selection of t-shirts, including recycled organic cotton shirts. I am currently waiting on an e-mail back from Jeff Troeger to get his opinion on organic cotton, but once I hear from him and do a couple test prints, I'll be ordering either 25 or 30 of the organic cotton Anvil t-shirts and be off and running.
And now for the shameless pitch. In case you haven't seen any of my previous shameless pitches, see The Winter Break Blog from January for the first shirt I produced. Besides that, the following images are the graphics I plan to print this summer on the organic cotton t-shirts.
These moon graphics both go on the very bottom of the shirt and go up about 10 inches.
Front:

Back:

I came up with this next design awhile ago but am finally able to print it. The graphic goes on the lower left side of the shirt so it looks like the dinosaur is walking around to the front of the shirt.

The rest of these are some graphics I have come up with over the course of the school year and some this summer.


So there you go, my shameless pitch and what Colorado Mountain College has inspired me to do. And feedback is always welcome if you care to comment on any of these and if any really strike your fancy, let me know and I'd be more than happy to get them to you.

On a completely different topic, I hate to ruin anybodies plans but it turns out that the off campus dorms I wrote about a while ago are not happening this year. CMC didn't think the place would fill up so they cancelled it. They may do it in later years, but unfortunately, not this year. Peace.

No comments: