Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Everybody Wing Chung Tonight.


I'm here today to tell you all about one of the greatest events known to the residents of Steamboat Springs, CO which all of you can hopefully one day partake in. I'm talking of course, about wing night.

Every Tuesday night is a celebration. A long day of classes is entirely relieved once you step foot inside The Taphouse. The Taphouse is a local sports bar that, not even including wing night, has excellent food. I had eaten there when I came out to tour the school in March, and had no idea the important role it would play in my Tuesday schedule.

Wing night is probably one of the most popular events for The Taphouse as well as a lot of CMC students here at the Alpine Campus. The basis for it is very simple and ridiculously awesome: 33 cent wings. With a wide variety of flavors ranging all across the board in spicyness and flavor, it's definetly worth your while. However, I must admit, the rules of wing night are slightly more complicated. You must get at least 6 of each flavor you order, which still only comes to $2 of delicious wings. I am a particular fan of 15 mild, mostly because I sweat profusly if I eat anything spicier, but also because mild is a delicious flavor. I have friends who go across the board, getting 6 mild, 6 medium, and 6 hot. Some day they even switch it up and include some of the excellent barbeque flavors including regular, hot, and oriental barbeque, or their quite hot spicy garlic sauce. You take your pick at The Taphouse, and the friendly wait staff deliver with your choice of blue cheese or ranch dressing on the side along with the best hot mouth fighter, celery.

Coupled with this already fantastic event, is the always popular Dollar Bowling Night at the Snow Bowl. It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like. Every game you play is only a dollar per person. Unfortunetly, shoes are still $3.50 or so, but when you think about the savings you get with dollar games, it's worth it.

Now you may be asking yourself, "But Jake, I have class til 9! Can I still partake in the awesomeness that is wing night and dollar bowling?" And the answer is most definetly yes, for you see, I too have class til 9, and wing night and dollar bowling still remain the best part of my Tuesday night. Wing night lasts til midnight and dollar bowling is open til eleven. Unfortunetly, I usually don't make it to both, mainly because of homework, but if you get the chance to rock both, do it to it!

And lucky for those of us who are unable to make the Tuesday dollar bowling because they're too busy enjoying the magic of wing night, dollar bowling happens twice a week! That's right, it wasn't a typo, you can enjoy paying only one dollar plus shoes not only on Tuesday, but on Sunday as well! And if you're fortunate enough to not have an early morning Monday class, dollar bowling lasts until midnight on Sundays!

Telling you about wing night and dollar bowling; however, can only go so far. You have to come out and experience it for yourself, for it is truly an event only worthy of every Tuesday night. After enjoying myself last night, I get to look forward til next week when it all goes down again.

No comments: