Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back in the Boat Again

Hello all. I am writing to you from my new dorm room here at Colorado Mountain College Alpine Campus. I thought I'd start my new year as a CMC blogger with a little bit about the end of my summer, my trip out here, and what it's like being back.

My summer shaped up great with my last weekend spent in Chicago with my friend who goes to Loyola. We did a bunch of the touristy things such as the Shedd Aquarium, which I loved, went to Millenium Park to see the bean, hung out at the beach on Lake Michigan, and went to bunch of delicious local restaurants. Unfortunately the trip ended with my bus home getting switched from 1pm to 10:30pm, so I didn't get home until 6am the next morning, but the trip was definitely still worth it.

Saying goodbye to all my friends on Wednesday night was tough as usual, and actually ended up keeping me up until 6am which is when we were planning on leaving so I slept quite a bit in the car. My parents and I drove out to Ogallala, Nebraska, spent the night and finished the drive today. We arrived at the dorms around 2pm, hung out around the pool at my parents hotel, and headed up to the dorms around 4pm to move everything in. Move in went very smooth since we were technically late and got to to miss the crowds of the scheduled check in time. After hanging with my roommate Kevin, who we all call Bacon, my parents took him, my friend Corey, and I out to dinner at the Ghost Ranch, which I highly recommend because they have great food and live music, so its a good atmosphere.

After dinner, I said goodnight to my parents and Bacon and I went to hang out at Corey's house for a bit, since he is a fellow second year and is living off campus. After saying hi to everyone there, we came back to the dorms and organized our room a bit more on top of seeing some more old friends and meeting some new ones.

So now we are just chillin in the room, passing out soon after a hectic day. I am very excited for another year in the boat with some great people and I look forward to letting you all know about the goings on here at Colorado Mountain College Alpine Campus for another year. Peace.

No comments: