Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving In Park City: Day 3

Day 3: Park City. After staying up until 4:30am, we ended up waking up at about noon, even though we wanted to ride much earlier, it just wasn't happening.

After rolling out of bed and some quick breakfast, we rolled into the heart of Park City around 1pm. Luckily for us, a dad and his son hooked us up with their lift tickets since they were done for the day and the mountain was only open for a couple more hours.

Even though it was getting late in the day, there was still a massive lift line for the main chairlift. However, once you did finally get up to the top, the run that was open was at least nice and long, so that made it pretty worthwhile. On top of that, the park was kind of unimpressive unfortunately. They had some nice down rails and the jumps were built really well, but the rest of their lower part was pretty haggard and beat up with sketchy lips, sticky boxes, and bomb holes in the landings. Now I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, because it was still fun to get out and ride, but we definitely had higher expectations.

After showering and all that after a day of riding, we headed back to the outlet mall so we could return the Half Cabs to the Vans store, and then headed back into Salt Lake City to hit up Blindside's Black Friday sale which was buy any time, get a second item half off. I knew I was going to buy a pair of the new seafoam green Vans Chukka Lows, but it was just a question of what I wanted to get for half-off. I ended up going with a little different plan than I thought.

I ended up getting the new Ashbury Kaliedoscope Tea Stain goggles and then the shoes were my half off item. Lucky for me, I got a free Blindside t-shirt with the shoes, the Ashbury's came with two free extra lenses, and to top it all off, my mom said the goggles and shoes could be any early Christmas present, so needless to say, I was pretty stoked leaving the shop. I do want to go ahead and give mad props to Blindside for being a super legit shop that treats their customers really well and carries some super cool brands. If you ever find yourself in the Salt Lake area, be sure to check it out.

After that little adventure, the rest of the night was nice and chill. We had a delicious enchilada dinner with my family, followed by some poker, followed by trying to figure out how to play a movie, to just passing out so we could get up and ride at Brighton the next day, which I will surely right about shortly. Peace.

No comments: