Monday, March 16, 2009

Free Time.

So I'm just chillin in my room right now since my 4:30pm Business Communications and Report Writing Class was cancelled and I thought I'd share with you all some of the things to do nowadays when one has free time to kill.

By far my most favorite thing to do, especially after a good day of riding is watch The Office, which I happen to have all four seasons of on DVD. For those of you who don't know about the show, it's pretty much the greatest TV show. It features Steve Carell as the idiot boss and actors John Krasinski, Jenna Fisher, Rainn Wilson as the other main characters Jim, Pam, and Dwight, although there are actaully many characters in the show since it features everyone who works in the Scranton, Pennsylvania branch of paper supply company, Dunder Mifflin. Now, I'll stop there, because I could go on for awhile about The Office, considering I gave a 13 minute presentation on it in the very class that got cancelled today and prompted me to write this blog.

With the incredible weather we've been having here in Steamboat, if you've got some time to kill, a lot of students have been skating the mini ramp. Here at the Alpine campus of Colorado Mountain College, we have a mini ramp just down from the cafeteria and right next to Monson Hall. It's always a great way to spend a warm spring afternoon, espcially if you haven't been able to get your fix of the mountain that day. And if a mini ramp sesh isn't enough for your hardcore skater ways, Steamboat has a really cool skate park right by Howelson Hill, just a little ways down Lincoln Ave. from the college.

Another pasttime that I've recently discovered is Mario and Sonic Olympics for the Nintendo Wii. It is awesome, but exhausting. In order to run, you have to shake the remotes as fast as you can which ends up being surprisingly tiring after a few events. In order to do some events such as the vault, you have to move the controllers in certain ways to do specific flips and rotations and it really gets pretty technical. On top of that, they have some crazy made up events that you can unlock if you beat enough regular events. It's up to four players too, so it's really fun to play with a bunch of people.

Lastly, a favorite pasttime of mine is to just listen to music while surfing the web, that is if you're pretty into music like me. Recently, I've been rocking a lot of Motion City Soundtrack, Cold War Kids, Mayday Parade, Kid Cudi, and some 3OH!3. A great time killing webstie is addictinggames.com. They have thousands of free little games to play, as well as they recommend other game websites to find more games on. There is also always Youtube in which I've been watching a lot of Daft Punk music videos and snowboard videos.

So there you go, you don't necessarily have to be in Steamboat to use these ideas, but hopefully you found some new things to do with you free time. Peace.

No comments: