Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Vegas Pictures.

Thanks to my dad, I've recently figured out I can text pictures from my phone to my e-mail in order to get them on the computer. In light of this, I decided to write this blog to finally give you some visuals from my trip to Vegas with Rome SDS, since I took a few pictures on my phone.
I took this first picture while at the booth. This was the display for one of the new boards to be added to the line next year, the Postermania. This board used to only be available on a special website for people who work in shops that carry Rome, but they decided to add to it their public line for next season.

This next picture is Rome's most popular freestyle board, the Artifact, except this is the Artifact 1985, which means it has Rome's rocker technology. Rocker is a new type of camber that has become really popular. Basically the board is shaped like a banana if you are looking at it from the side. This board has Rome's Jib Rocker, which means it is designed for riding park.


This next picture is a new really cool thing Rome did called the Addictive Collection. What Rome did was give complete freedom to their graphic designers to design special graphics for three sizes of their Rome Agent, which is one of thier most high end boards, as well as a special edition of the Libertine boot, which is their freestyle boot, and a line of their 390 bindings, which are their most popular ones.



This last picture from the tradeshow was one of my favorite parts of the booth. They made only three of these special Agent's that were all white on top. While we were setting up for the show one of the graphic designers, who was actually from Minnesota, dipped a paint brush in a bucket of black paint a splattered this wall along with the board and a special one of a kind all white pair of the Targa bindings. This awesome display was to show Rome's new graphic direction where each Agent and Targa bindings are uniquely splattered in the factory after they are made.

These next few pictures I took on my last night in Vegas when all the Rome guys and myself walked the strip and went up the Eiffel Tower out in front of the Paris hotel or whatever it is called. The first one on the left is the veiw of the Belagio and the one next to was looking to the right up the strip towards the Palms, and the last one is the other way up the strip towards the Excalibur and the Mandalay Bay.

This last picture is the incredible view I got to see every night from our room at the Excalibur. It was pretty sureal to get to look out and see that every night after working with Rome for the day. So there you go, sorry it took awhile but hopefully you got a little better idea of what it was like rockin out in Vegas with Rome SDS. Peace.

No comments: