Thursday, September 10, 2009

ASR San Diego: Day 2

Today was my second day here in San Diego, CA, and the first day of the ASR Trade Expo... and it was awesome.

The day started bright and early, or I should say dark and early since it was still dark out at 6:00am when I left my hotel. We were supposed to be there at 7:10am, but since I really didn't want to be late my first day, I overcompensated a little on the travel time and got to the Convention Center around 6:30am, so needless to say I had some time to kill. However, what came out of being so early are these awesome pictures of behind the Convention Center, looking into the bay as the sun was rising.

A little after that, Matt arrived considerably early as well, so we decided to go back up to where the sick view was, except this time we rode this awesome diagonal elevator thing instead of taking the numerous amount of stairs with a bunch of very fit joggers all over it like I did the first time.
So after that mini adventure, we met up with the Rusty's CO Rep, Jeff, got our passes, and headed into the show. The show itself wasn't nearly as massive as the Vegas SIA show, but it was cool to see a bunch of surf and skate booths. The reason we got there so early was to set up a couple things before Channel 6 news came and did a spot about Rusty, so if anyone was watching the San Diego Channel 6 news really early in the morning, you probably saw me.

After that, there was a bit of down time, then the show officially started at 9am. The majority of the show was spent at the hat table, where we used a heat transfer machine to custom make hats for people who came to the booth. We had a ton of small graphics printed on transfer paper that people could choose from for their hat. It was actually a smaller version of the machine I used to produce the latest batch of Rill shirts, so that was pretty cool.
At one point, we had to make a food run, so I went with Connor, the newest edition to the Rusty website team. We went to the Fish Tin for some fish tacos, however, we aren't supposed to bring outside food into the Convention Center, so we brought along a box of t-shirts to hide the food under, which was pretty stealthy and worked perfectly.

At slower times during the day, Matt and I were free to check out the rest of the show, so here are a few pictures of the Rusty booth and other things around the show.

This first picture is the front of Rusty's booth, with Matt on the left and the Rusty models that we got to hang out with all day in middle.
Next is just a shot of a few of boards on display on the side of booth.This picture is the sick Vans van with a mini-ramp inside of it and some kids skating it.This last picture is my arm with the Rusty logo stamped on, which is also one of the things we did at the table, stamp people. We convinced a bunch of people that they needed to get stamped if they wanted a hat, so needless to say, we stamped a bunch of people.The whole day ended up great, and now I am chilling in my room for a bit before I figure out what to do with the rest of my night, but I'll leave you with one last picture of all the free stuff I picked up on my first day of ASR, including three Rusty t-shirts, a Rusty hat I printed myself, some Volcom posters, and boom sticks from Lucy Love. Peace.

No comments: