Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shred Shape.

So today was the first time in a very... very long time that I decided to work out. My friend Tyler and I had been talking about it a bit since we both want to be in better shape for the coming snow season, so I thought I'd write a quick blog about what kind of equipment and work out ideas CMC offers here at the Alpine Campus.

The work out room itself isn't all that big as you can see from the picture, but it definitely has what you need to get in shape for the season. Today Tyler and I lifted mostly upper body with a little conditioning to sort of warm us up for tougher work outs. There are actually posters on the wall of good lifts you can do for whatever muscles you are looking to work. We did bench, incline bench, some sort of back lift that I don't remember what it's called, and squats, as well as a little bit of time on the treadmill. Not exactly the most intense work out but it felt good to get a start.

Some of the machines not shown in the picture are actually really good for legs such as a massive leg press. There is also a dips/abs machine that is probably my least favorite thing to do but definitely helps when riding powder.

So there you have it, short but sweet, but a little preview of one of the resources here at the Alpine Campus to help get you ready for the snowfall. Peace.

No comments: