Monday, September 7, 2009

Epic Weekend: Round 2

For this labor day weekend, some friends and I headed to Denver on Saturday for another epic adventure.

Tyler, his girlfriend Kayleigh, and myself, headed out from Steamboat around 11 to go to Denver for the Rockies game Saturday night. We made a nice afternoon stop for some Chipotle and shoping in the Silverthorne outlet mall where I picked up some sick new Vans and a t-shirt.

Unfortunately, after heading out from there, Tyler's car started having some difficulties with I don't what, but basically the car had barely any power. Luckily, he pulled over and was able to figure some things out, and we were back in action before you know it.

We were supposed to meet up with Corey and Ben (who lives in Denver) at the Colorado Mills Mall, but there were some miscommunications over the phone, so Tyler, Kayleigh, and I went into Lakewood, or Lakeville, something like that, and decided it would be a good idea to rent a paddle boat while we wait for Corey and Ben. Unfortunately it was not. Besides that it was $27 just to paddle around a small lake, it started to rain a bit and there ended up being lightning so we got called in. A good thing that came out of this was that we now have a free pass for another rental since we got rained out, however, I have a feeling we probably won't be using it anytime soon.
Tyler and Kayleigh on the boat.
After that, we found some cheap parking pretty near Coors Field, and headed towards the stadium. After getting our tickets in left field for the excellent price of $12, we finally met up with Corey and Ben in a parking garage and headed inside. Unfortunately we were a little late and had missed a homerun, but the game went great and the Rockies ended up winning 4 to 1 over the Diamondbacks.
Our view of the field.
Corey and Tyler at the game.

After the game, Tyler and Kayleigh decided to head back to Steamboat, while we went over to Boulder to meet up with our friends Niall and John. After spending the night there, we hung out for a bit in the morning, watched some snowboard videos, and then Corey and I drove Niall and Ben to Denver, then headed out for Fiddler's Green to hang out before the show.

After grubbing at Burger King, we walked around for bit, checkin out whats around Fiddlers Green since I had never been there, then we ended up just chilling in line for a good hour so we could get some good spots on the grass, since they were general admission tickets.

When we finally got inside, we checked out some of the merch, and mosied around the ampitheatre checking things out, looking for a spot. Once we found some prime real estate, we settled down and waited about another hour for the opening act Chester French. I had heard a little bit about them but I didn't really know any of there songs, but they had a great live show and started the night off right.

Fiddler's Green

Chester FrenchAfter Chester French was one of my personal favorite bands, Taking Back Sunday. I was lucky enough to see them in Minnesota this summer, so it was awesome to see them again.

Taking Back Sunday

Next up was Weezer, who I was super excited for because I haven't seen them live for a couple years now, and they definitely did not disappoint.

Weezer

And last, but most definately not the least, the piste de resistance (or however you spell it)... Blink 182. I had the privelge of seeing them as well this summer when they were touring with Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco, so I was even more excited to see them again with different bands. When I saw them in Minnesota, I was in the mosh pit, so this time around it was awesome to just stand back and enjoy the magic. Besides the fact that they played every hit they've ever had, when they came back on for the encore, it started out with an incredible drum solo from the drummer Travis Barker. Besides the drumming being amazing, his kit was on a platform the was on cables, so he got lifted up and spun around the stage, all while soloing. It was awesome.

Blink 182

So after an incredibly amazing night, Corey's super nice mom hooked us up with a hotel room near Denver, and since we had had a pretty crazy and exhausting weekend, we got to the hotel and passed right out.

So now I am back in the Boat after a very sleepy but quick car ride home and am currently trying to focus on some accounting homework and get ready for yet another adventure to San Diego this weekend for the ASR Tradeshow that my friend Matt and I are going to with Rusty Surfboards, so I'll be sure to blog about the goings on there. Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment! I enjoy reading your blogs, because then I know what my son has been doing between classes. (Corey's Mom)