Monday, October 19, 2009

One Midterm Down.

This afternoon was my first midterm of the semester in Accelerated Boot Fitting.

My preparations for the test started the night before by going over some definitions and trying to memorize all the bones in the foot, which thankfully was easier than I thought, although the overall test ended up being harder than I thought.

Like I said, I had studied the night before, as well as the morning of the test, but going into the test, I was under the impression that it would be mostly multiple choice, but unfortunately it was all short answer as well as a bunch of definitions.

I think I did very well on the bones of the foot section, although it was only worth 20 out of the 200 point test, but I felt a little sketchy about the steps in the boot fitting process as well as the various planes of motions and technical names for the movements of the foot, all of which had to be defined without any sort of word bank or multiple choices. Basically I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

The rest of the class has been quite interesting and a lot more in depth than I thought. On top of learning about the bio-mechanics of the foot, we've begun work on making our own insoles for our ski and snowboard boots. We will eventually come of the class with three custom insoles for whatever pair of shoes or boots we want, using the different methods and technologies in the industry today.

This boot fitting course is a great class to take, especially if you plan to work in or run a shop, because owners definitely look for experience like this, so hopefully this blog gave you an idea of what to expect from Accelerated Boot-Fitting if you're thinking of coming to CMC. Peace.

No comments: