Friday, April 24, 2009

Back to the Basics.

Since the mountain's been closed, some friends and I have finding other ways to shred, so I thought I'd write a blog about a skate adventure we had yesterday.

Before I start I do have to say that there are pictures to go along with this, but I'll post them once Nate uploads them from his iPhone.

The adventure started with a call from Jeff telling me to grab mine and his decks and come down to the mini ramp where some dudes were skating. So I grabbed them as well as Steve's camera and headed down there. Once I got there, we headed down the hill to the skate park in town. We crossed Lincoln Ave., skated down the path along the Yampa River, crossed the birdge, and were there.

It was a pretty popular day for the skate park and quite a few local kids were there skating. When we got there and I pulled out Steve's camera, we found out it was dead, but fortunately, Nate's iPhone has a sick camera so I was able to get some good shots of the mini-ramp before skating myself.

After awhile, Jeff and Steve went to watch some crazy kyakers in the Yampa River, and eventually, once it started getting dark, the rest of us headed out after a fun, long session. We skated down the Yampa trail for a ways and made a pit stop at Soda Springs, which apparently is one of the oldest hot springs in Steamboat, but all it really is is a gross looking, foot wide hole in the ground with a gazebo built around it, but it at least was a nice place to rest. So after chilling there for awhile, we headed back up the hill to school, but the skate adventure wasn't done yet.

On the way up the hill, Nate and I decided to session the mini-ramp on campus for awhile, since we still in the mood to skate. Even though it has gotten pretty dark, the lights in the parking lot light it up well enough to skate. After sessioning that for ahile, and both of us sticking the tricks we were working on, we decided to call it quits.

Fortunately, it was time for late night dinner, so we grubbed out after a long day of skating. Hopefully that gave you an idea of the fun still to be had on board, even when the mountain is closed. And again, pictures coming soon. Peace.

No comments: