Thursday, April 30, 2009

First Year is a Wrap.

I'm back home in Minnesota now after a crazy first year at Colorado Mountain College. This semesters' finals were pretty tough compared to last semester so I thought I'd write about how everything shaped up.

Product Design was probably one of the tougher finals of the semester. The first part of it was a presentation where we had to describe our company and show off our products. For the presentation, we had to have all the pages our our catalog done, so that was definitly a lot of work. The second part was a paper about the company, pretty much taking the info from the presentation and putting it into a paper. Being the president of the class, it was a lot of work organizing everything on top of writing part of the paper and making pages for the catalog, but everything came together and we actually ended up with the best catalog Mike Martin has seen in the class, so that was awesome.

Definitly the toughest final this semester was Business Communications. Throughout the course, everyone had to write a 15 page paper on a certain topic assigned by the teacher. Mine was on healthcare and definitly took a lot of work/research to put together. After that, the final final was a 20 minute presentation on the topic of the our paper, which ended up being almost as much work as the paper. Foruntately, I think it went really well, so hopefully I'll end up with a good grade on that one.

Since I had already taken the Tuning final, the only one left was Microeconomics. Luckily, it wasn't a cumulative final, it was just on the last 3 chapters. Like the other tests and quizzes it was again online, so it ended being the easiest final for me this semester, although it was quite a bit a studying.

On top of final tests, I had to think about going home. It ended up being a lot harder than I thought to get all my belongings into boxes and bags and clean the whole room, which was a lot dirtier than I thought. Luckily my dad drove down to pick me up and help me with the cleaning and packing, so after we were all checked out, we had a great dinner at Old West Steakhouse and headed to the hotel to get ready for the long drive ahead of us.

The next morning we started out early to a much longer drive than we anticipated. Once we were in Nebraska, we realized that since we were sharing the driving, we could make the 16 hour drive in one shot instead of stopping for the night and getting back on Saturday. So by 1:30am early Saturday morning, I was back home in Minnesota. I was really stoked to be home to so I could hang out with friends and family for my birthday.

So now I'm home for the next 4 months after an awesome first year in college. It feels great to be home, but I'll definitly miss Steamboat and all my friends there. I'll try to write some blogs over the summer about how awesome Minnesota is, but now I'm going to bed so I can get up early and try to find a job tomorrow, but thanks to everyone for reading and hopefully I'll keep writing these next year. Peace.

No comments: