Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Entrepreneurship Spirit.

I wanted to take a second to tell you all about some friends here at Coloardo Mountain College who too share the entrepreneurial spirit, but are just a little bit farther along then me.

First off, my friend Steve started his own clothing company with some of his friends back in his hometown of Littleton, Massachusettes. The company is Awesome Snowboard Clothing, and they have made t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, hats, and beanies. They have a great following in Massachusettes and have even sold their products in Eastern Boarder, which is a popular snowboard shop on the East Coast. Check them out on their myspace at http://www.myspace.com/awesomesnowboardclothing.

The next is my friend Colin. He recently put up flyers around the school for his company Loaf Posters. He takes original artwork from himself and friends and puts it into poster form (I'm not really sure how yet, but he does). He just recently put up the website http://www.loafposters.com and already has some really cool posters for sale. There is a "Future" page on the site that talks about what he wants to do with Loaf Posters. Some things include having artist pages where artists can submit their art to him, he'll turn them into posters, and then the artist can get 80% of the profits if their poster is sold. He also wants to add a site blog, make some stickers for sale, and eventually have a t-shirt contest where artists submit t-shirt designs with the Loaf Posters logo on it.

I swear I had another example but I cannot think of it right now to save my life, so if I think of it, I'll add it.

But there you go, those are some examples of the type of entrepreneurial spirit that CMC Alpine Campus has, and if you got an idea of your own, I'd highly recommened coming out here to pursue it. Peace.

No comments: